Now that everyone has a general understanding of how this challenge is going to work, it is time for the second weekly challenge!
Keep it Dry!
For this weekly challenge (1/5/2020 – 1/12/2020) we are going to keep it dry, which means no alcohol what so ever! If you are committed to this challenge, let the world know! Post on your facebook or Instagram story demonstrating that you are going to be dry this week and tag us in it! Not only does this let us know you are going to do the challenge, but also lets others hold you accountable! Below is an example of something you can post:
Why Should you keep it Dry?
There has been a lot of studies performed around the side effects of alcohol. Some have optimistic outlooks while others don’t. Most studies that show any sort of benefit is when alcohol is used in moderation. Moderation would mean 1 drink a day for females and 2 drinks a day for males. Here are some of the benefits of drinking in moderation:
- Reducing your risk of developing and dying of heart disease
- Possibly reducing your risk of ischemic stroke (when the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing severely reduced blood flow)
- Possibly reducing your risk of diabetes
However, eating a healthy diet and being physically active have much greater health benefits and have been more extensively studied.
Here are some risks of heavy alcohol use (**which is defined as more than three drinks on any day or more than seven drinks a week for women and for men older than age 65, and more than four drinks on any day or more than 14 drinks a week for men age 65 and younger**)
- Certain cancers, including breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus and liver
- Sudden death if you already have cardiovascular disease
- Heart muscle damage (alcoholic cardiomyopathy) leading to heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Accidental serious injury or death
- Brain damage and other problems in an unborn child
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome
One week of being dry has shown to improve sleep, hydration, and energy! Give it a try and see how you feel. Depending on your experience, you might want to stay dry all of January!
The Week one challenge is do by the EOD (1/5/2020) to receive points. Send us your goals and then in the Wodify App, click the option saying you completed the weekly challenge.
Today you will also be prompted if you reposted a WOD, if so, click ‘Yes’ to get points. If you tagged us on social media at any point during the first week (and going forward) you can also click ‘Yes’ to receive points!
Still got Questions?
Feel free to reach out to us via social media or Email (email@example.com). For more information on the challenge itself, go here!
Thanks for participating and keep up the hard work!!